Friday, December 17, 2010

12 Days of Christmas - Day 9

Welcome back! For day 9 I've used the tree nymph from the Nymphs set at Smeared Ink.





I started off imaging a decorated tree kink of like Tori did several days ago, but then changed my mind and thought about a wintery feel .... well after I finished cutting her out I couldn't find any paper I liked that made her pop off the page so went with simple black. I added some liquid glass to her dress so it's nice and shiney. Then I added some glitter glue thinking I'd make it look like snow. Well I found out that when I put the glitter glue over black paper it looks more greenish, so then decided to add some red stickles and think it kinda turned out with a holly like look. Not totally how I envisioned, but not so bad. Live and learn.

~happy stamping~

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! What a fabulous idea! I need to borrow this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant! I love the image! TFS

    ~Carol
    http://caroleesscrappinspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahoy...OMG she is winsome and all pretty and glittery all in one card. the black background was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the holly look totally works well with her bright red dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks fantastic love the glitter
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing image for Christmas! Love it against the black! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks great. Like you said, very holly and Christmasy. sometimes what we envision and what we get aren't the same, but they are both great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how the glitter & stickles worked so well to create a holly look. it's a beautiful card Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! The colors really pop on the black---I love that! TFS Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!!! great job making the nymph into a Christmas tree!!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to let you know I have been lingering all month and I love your blog! and I had to say I love this card! so great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~