Friday, December 3, 2010

12 Days of Christmas - Day 2

Welcome back to my little corner of the blogging world! I started off this card with green cardstock and added a texture paper from my stash. I used stamps from the Smeared Ink Fae set.
She's actually stamped in the same color green as the cardstock, then I traced over her wings, eyes and hair with blue pencil to go back to the blue in the texture paper. Then I went over her again with glitter glue along her wings and hat. Then liquid glass to outline her arms and face so she's still have a raised appearance but without the glitter.
Once I put the glitter glue on it changed the green underneath slightly but it doesn't look as drastic in person as it does here. I really need to finish my projects earlier to photograph them in the natural daylight. But at least you can see the sparkle in this picture :) I thought the sentiment "believe" fit perfectly for this little faerie waiting for Santa.
I'm thinking of trying it out with blue cardstock and ink and then in red, I'll have to post those when I finish.

Thanks for hopping by and don't forget to check out all the fabulous jolly bloggers - links are on my sidebar.

~happy stamping~

14 comments:

  1. Aren't Fae's wonderful! I totally love this set! AWESOME card! I am totally loving it, and "believe" totally fits for the fae waiting for Santa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how SWEET! LOVE the candy colors. Perfect sentiment. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamp and fabulous card! I love the colors. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I love the addition of the glitter glue and liquid glass. It adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahoy...gotta get me some glitter glue. after seeing this i know exactly what to do for some of my cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glitter glue looks awesome love the colours you have used
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card! I really like how you went back into the image with your pencils. Great attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you ties all the elements together, this card done in blue and red would be awesome but I love this green too

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card! I love the sparkle and the believe is perfect! thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card and dear one waiting for a special visit! TFS, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. She has just the sweetest face! I love how you added the glitter glue and liquid glass, as well as the glitter-y organza ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful job! love the colors and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~