Thursday, August 7, 2014

Smudgefest Day 4 - Toil and Trouble

It's day 4 of the Smudgefest over at Smeared and Smudged. Today's challenge theme is Toil and Trouble. We had to pick at least 3 of the potions from the cauldron.


Lots to choose from, but then you have to decide how to make them all work together.  For this challenge I decided to work in my mini-journal. This is the perfect size journal to play with :)  Both the pages together give you a play area of about 5.5" x 4.25".


 I started with misting the pages with mint green spray. I guess I didn't shake it well enough cause I didn't get the glittery sparkle that I got yesterday when I used it on my peacock page. Then I used a stencil and brushed over it with black ink.  Well the ink looks more grey....
so I did the direct to paper technique around the edges with the black ink pad and then also stamped my word "listen" in black ink.  My image is Tattoo Fairy Plain from Smeared Ink.  I colored her with pencils and gave her silver hair (my metal?) and a silver edge to her wings. Just in case I also added a metal brad that has a layer of glitter on it.  I also added some green glitter glue to her wings. 

1 comment:

  1. Going to have to find a journal this size...wow on the colors and love the craziness of it. Wonderful fairy and a great message.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~