Saturday, August 2, 2014

LOC #39 - Christmas in August

Hello dear friends,
It's time for a brand new challenge over at Left of Center Challenges.  This week our wonderful sponsor is Ike's Art and our theme is Christmas in August.  As I was deciding which image to use this one jumped out at me.  This lovely creature's expression is just how I feel during the Christmas season.
I've colored Tooth and Claw from Ike's Art with colored pencils and cut him out to add on my journal page.  To create the background I scribbled with a gold tone gelato, then used a wet paintbrush to wash the page.  It was my first use of my new gelatos so I ended up having to add a bit more color. You can't really tell from the photo but the gold has shine to it. I couldn't find my holly leaves and berries so I improvised. I used the little swirl stamp as my leaves and a pencil eraser to stamp my berries :)
While I was trying to figure out how many days till Christmas I found many count down sites...who knew there were so many...  bleh.
Thanks for visiting and don't forget to head on over to LOC to see the DT's creations and join in on the fun.

BTW: Sorry to say my post is a bit late due to the back to school rush going on here, I can't believe it's already that time of year.  So there is now 144 days till Christmas....bwuahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~