Thursday, August 28, 2014

LOC # 43 - Upcycle

Hello my crafty friends,

This weeks challenge over at Left of Center is to upcycle, and our sponsor is Meljen's Designs. So many wonderful images to choose from but when i saw Steampunk Girl I knew she would be perfect for my upcycle project.

I've used a sardine tin to make a little shadow box for my steampunk girl. This one is different than the other tins I have collected as it's goldish in color.  I have also used old book pages for my back ground and my butterflies.  If you've stopped by the challenge blog you will notice that my sample has changed from when I sent in my pic there.  I felt my first attemp was too plain. So I added some bronze glitter glue around the inside of the tin. Punched out more butterflies, changed my flower color and added a bunch of browntone gems. A lot more fun I think.
Please join us over at LOC in upcycling somethign this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~