Monday, August 4, 2014

Smudgefest Day 1 - Mixed Media Monday

Hello my friends!  Today is the first day of Smudgefest 2014, it's the 4th annual week-long challenge and I'm so exited to play along this year.  Check out Smeared and Smudged for more info on this super fun challenge. The first challenge this year is to use at least 3 coloring mediums on your project.  I've decided to create a journal page and here are the items I have used.

After gesso-ing my page I started spraying with my distress marker spritzer. Then I used my ink pad around the edge of the page then I sprayed some dylusions sprays (and a wet paintbrush) to get the drips down the page.  I used my colored pencils to color my Toxic Ballerina from Smeared Ink.

I added a bit of washi tape and added my ballerina to the page with some foam tape.  This wasn't the page that I had planned in  my head but I'm happy with how it turned out AND I got to have some messy fun!  Head on over to Smeared and Smudged to check out all the entries and join in the fun!  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steph, Gorgeous page, love the image and the design.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! I love your drips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They never do come out how you plan, but this is absolutely fab so I am glad you went with it! Love the drippy-ness and punky color scheme, messy fun is the best! Thanks so much for playing along with Smudgefest and I hope to see more this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than getting messy! This page came out beautiful! Ballerina is perfect against the drippy background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~