Saturday, October 25, 2014

31 Days of Halloween - Day 25

It's day 25 of the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween blog Hop.  Please visit the Smeared and Smudged blog for the daily clues and all the rules to  qualify for prizes and to find out about the daily winners.

I have a quick rolodex card for you today as I've got lots to do and I'm running out of time :)  I have used the lovely Smeared Ink raven from Quoth The Raven, the tree and fence are from an older CTMH set.


I sponged the night sky in various shaded of blue. I attempted to highlight my tree with with gel pen but failed so ended up doodling all over it instead.  Then I doodle some more on the raven with purple gal pen.  I added drops of glitter to the sky to act as stars and when I thought they were dry I flipped the card over to stamp the date on the back and when I flipped it back to the front all my stars were smooshed....sigh  so they look bigger than they were supposed to so now they look like rain drops to me...  but I still like it. You can't really tell from the photo but they do sparkle.

Next stop of the hop is Sandy.  If you get lost along the way the complete list of Wicked Bloggers can be found to the left in the side bar.

11 comments:

  1. I actually love the doodling on the tree. I thought it was part of the stamp...fabulous! Great sky and raven. sounds like a lot of happy accidents on this as I think it turned out beautifully. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun altered rolodex page. Love the tree and the crow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything that didn't end up as it started turned out fantastic! The doodles are awesome and harder to do than you make them look...I have been trying! And those glitter spots make that wonderful sky look fab!! And that Raven is of course fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the doodles are the best. I love how when things don't go the way we expected, we end up liking what turns out even better

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much goodness here for such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tree and texture you made it is awesome. I cannot believe this all fits on the rolodex, awesome!
    Great Raven, love the hint of color on him.
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another spooktacular altered R-dex card today, love it's creepy eerie vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the doodling on the tree and the raven and the "smooshed" stars! Sometimes our "accidents" can lead to the best results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful piece. love the doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice job on your raven! I love how you used a non black color! WHoo hooo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~