Monday, March 21, 2011

SDC26: Animals, insects or birds

This challenge is for Stampotique Designers Blog. The theme this week is to use animals, birds or insects on your project . I had so much fun learning a new technique for the last Stampotique challenge (see previous post) that I wanted to try it again.



The technique is faux barnwood and you can see it much better on this sample than on my first attempt :) . I started with cobalt blue acrylic paint with a top layer of white paint. I cut this to size and mounted on orange CS. I stamped the dragonfly (SU!) in orange and it's hard to see here, but I outlined the wings with glitter glue to add some shimmer. I used a scallop punch to make some flowers from some book pages and then distressed them with orange ink to tie into the base card and dragonfly.



Thanks for stopping by!



~happy stamping~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~