Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wordy Wednesday

It's day 3 of Smudgefest and the challenge today is a tough one.  Today we are to use words only - no images.  I decided to get out one of my art journals and figure out what to do.  I started with my watercolor crayons to create the background color on my page.



I still haven't mastered the technique yet so you can still see the texture of the paper along the edge where I had scribbled with the black crayon. But in this case I like the added texture.  I also stamped the chain link stamp in purple for more background interest.  Then I chose to use part of "The Raven" and end it with my NEVERMORE word stamp from Smeared Ink.

Thanks for stopping by, please visit the Smudgefest so you can be inspired by all the fabulous entries!

2 comments:

  1. Great journal page. Love how you colored up your background. I bet it looks even better than the photo. Good luck at SmudgeFest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~