Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday Throwdown

It's day 4 of the Smudgefest over on the Smudgy Antics Challenge Blog! Today's challenge (or throwdown) has to do with color.  We are asked to use at lease 3 colors from this swatch.

These aren't usually my first choice when playing with my Smeared Ink stamps, but it turned out to not be as bad as I thought it might be.  I remembered I have some lovely fae stamps that would work perfectly with this color story.  I decided to work in my art journal again. 

First I stamped this sweet fae and then colored her with pencils.  I stamped "curiosity" down the side of the page in blue, pink and purple.  Then I scribbled with my water color crayons and added water to blend them.  I added some more color to my fae with gel pens and then spritzed the entire page with some glimmer mist.  Fun, fun fun!

Here's another shot of the page in the sunshine and a closeup so you can see the shimmer of the glimmer mist.  My camera really doesn't do justice to the colors I used.
Thanks for visiting!  Don't forget to come back, there are still 3 more fabulous days of Smudgefest!  If you really like these challenges you should also check out the Smeared and Smudged Forum for monthly challenges and lots of inspiration and way cool people :)

2 comments:

  1. Way cool - that has come up really lovely. Cool colours and I really like that Fae :-) xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your journal page looks great...love the image and how you made the colors work...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~