Friday, February 24, 2012

Freaky Friday Cahllenges #28

Welcome back friends, it's time for another wonderful challenge over at Forever Night Challenges. This weeks theme is "anything goes - but keep it dark" and our sponsor is Stitchy Bear! I got to work with this lovely image called Flight of Fantasy.
Isn't she lovely? First I colored her with pencils sticking with pinks, blues and purples. I really need to get more markers because I think she'd be even more stunning colored more brightly. Then a little bit of glitter glue to make her wings sparkle. Then I added liquid glass to all the swirls, I wanted to give it a type of stained glass look. Then I figured heck why not add liquid glass to the entire fairy. Here's a better shot to see the shine on the liquid glass.




You have to be careful because when you use a lot if it the paper has a tendancy to curl up a bit. Then I cut her out and mounted on pink CS then onto black CS. It was still missing something so I tried ribbon and rhinestones but that didn't work for me so I went with some glitter glue around the pink CS.
Go check out the blog to see the wonderful art from the other gals on the DT, there is a varietly of images at Stitchy Bear too so make sure to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~