Friday, April 11, 2014

LOC #29 - Anything Goes - Dark Themed

Hello my crafty friends! It's time for a new challenge at Left of Center Challenges, the theme this time around is 'Anything Goes' however it must be dark. I have made an ATC with this lovely back-bend toxic ballerina from Smeared Ink.

I have colored her with pencils and cut her out and attached with foam tape to my ATC base. I made the flower from old book pages and then spritzed with a couple different shades of glimmer mist. I attached a skull bead to a hat pin so it could pierce my dancers heart.  I'd say that qualifies as dark :)
For some reason as I was coloring my ballerina it reminded me of a book I read last year, Swan Song. There was no ballerina so it must be the face mask that set my mind a wandering as I colored. The story is similar to The Stand by Stephen King so if you liked that one you'll get drawn into this one too.
Now head on over to Left of Center Challenges and let your dark side loose and create some spectacular and share it with us at Left of Center

3 comments:

  1. Super project Steph! Lovely colouring and brill idea with the hatpin!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph, super creepy! Pin in the heart - voodoo ballerina? well at least limber and delicate while being super sketcho! i love the idea of the pin head. brilliant! Hugs from your DT sista. Samara xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic ATC and great that you added the skullpin too! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.
~happy crafting~